Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My ECO CHIC Christmas Cards

This year I decided to do double duty on the "Green Movement" by creating a Christmas card made from a paper bag (recycling #1) and then transforming it into a card that can be reused (recycling #2) . I always am stumped at what to do with cards when I am done with a holiday, birthday, or event so hopefully will alleviate that stress for others.The cards are very similar to my paper bag tutorial except I folded up an inch and a half to create a pocket. The pocket is great because the recipient can simply remove my note and then add their own and then resend.

The design was hand drawn and then scaned into the computer. With the help of photoshop I created my wording and design. Each piece of paperbag was cut to the size of 8.5x11 and then put into the printer just like regular paper. Then I added a slash of red paint on the nose of the reindeer. How fun would it be if I got one of these back next year!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you so much for my Christmas Card! I am defiantly resending mine! Great Idea - as usual!

Pam said...

I am so glad you liked it!!!